Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some of my Redneck Friends

Here's a picture of Delmar, Earl & Junior. They live down the road a spell. They're good folk. Their idea of a good time is a 12 pack of Natural Light and watching "Blue Color Comedy Tour" on the Comedy Channel. I will say this, if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't be so interested in NASCAR. I love watching NASCAR races. I can't imagine chasing one of those cars.


Today I got to spend most of the day outside as it was real nice out. I also went for a walk with Dad after he got home from work. That is always fun. I get to visit some of the neighborhood dogs on our walks.


I wanted to give you a glimpse of what I looked like just a few years ago before I lost my left eye. This was a good day. It was Christmas Day 2002 and I was sitting right next to Grandpa Tom (Mom's Daddy). Grandpa Tom was such a sweet, gentle man and he loved me so much. He also loved watching NASCAR on TV. His favorite driver was Jeff Gordon. I root for Jimmie Johnson myself.
Grandpa Tom and Grandma Ruby (Dad's Mommy) are always looking down upon us and watching out for our family. They are both in a much better place now. I sure do miss Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Tom. They both left us way too soon.
Please remember to hug a dog.

3 comments:

  1. Annie... The next time I come over I would love to meet your friends. They seem like they would be a hoot. I love you!!
    XOXO
    Amberr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure miss seeing you Annie and your family. Give them a kiss for me, especially your dad, in case you don't remember me, I am his younger sister.

    xoxo
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to read your Blog! I picked you up from Daisy's blog....thanks fur sharing.

    Lisa
    Kritter Kommunity

    ReplyDelete